Join Adams Morgan for a celebration centered around apples and apple pie -- what more could you want?! This year's Adams Morgan Apple Festival and Apple Pie Contest will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at the Adams Morgan Farmers Market in front of Suntrust Bank at 18th Street & Columbia Road! There will be free heirloom apple tastings, an apple pie contest, pies sold by the slice to benefit a local charity, live music and more!
New at the Apple Festival this year -- Pumpkin Carving!
Buy a pumpkin from the farmers market and they'll have tables set up for you to get creative. Bring your own designs and tools and instead of dealing with the messy pumpkin goop at home, it'll be collected and composted for use on the farm.
Want to enter the apple pie contest?
1. Contact Brian Barrie, at the Adams Morgan Partnership BID, email@example.com - NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21 at 12 noon. We are capping entries at 15, so enter soon to ensure your spot!
2. Anyone can enter -- limit one entry per family or business
3. The Licking Creek Bend Farm stand at the Adams Morgan Farmer’s Market will donate apples for your pies on Saturday, October 22. You can use your own apples also.
4. Make a minimum of 3 pies (bring more if you like)
5. List your ingredients on a card to display so that we may accommodate dietary restrictions.
Proceeds from the pie slices sale ($5/slice) will go to a charity in Adams Morgan.